- Do not open or plant the seeds. If seed packets are already opened, place all material, including the packaging, in a sealed bag.
- To report, fill out this online form and mail the seeds, and the packaging to:
11200 Metro Airport Center Dr.
Romulus, MI 48174
Attn: USDA Identification Staff
- If seeds have already been planted or if unable or unwilling to mail the seeds and packaging, contact USDA State Plant Health Director Craig Kellogg at 734-942-9005 or via email at email@example.com for guidance.
- Do not put seeds or plant material in a compost pile.
COVID-19 Information and Updates
During the COVID-19 Emergency Response, the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development is operating at a limited capacity with critical infrastructure workers only for the protection of public health and continuity of commerce. Some services will not be available until normal business operations resume, and response times may be slowed during this time. Information on the COVID-19 Emergency Response is available at the following links:
- MDARD launches ag disaster GIS viewer for state's farming community
- Eastern Equine Encephalitis Confirmed in Clare County Horse
- MDHHS Issues Order Requiring Testing of Agricultural and Food Processing Employees to Protect Health and Safety of Workers, Community
- Check trees in August for signs of the Asian longhorned beetle
- Michigan Agricultural Safety Grant Program
In response to the economic impact of the COVID-19, the State of Michigan has allocated $15 million of CARES Act funding to implement the Michigan Agricultural Safety Grant Program to support the needs of Michigan’s agricultural processors and farms. Applications to apply for funding are now available at michiganbusiness.org/agsafety.
- Farmers: Crop Disaster Resources
An online portal for farmers to access State of Michigan, Michigan State University Extension, and USDA / Federal Resources. Check back for latest updates.
- Growing Industrial Hemp in Michigan
View Forms, Resources, Laws and Regulations, and Hemp News Releases & Updates. Click here for hemp licensing information.
- Food and Agriculture Housing Task Force
The task force would like to hear from you about housing needs of agricultural and food processing communities across Michigan.
- Michigan Agriculture Resources
Learn about Michigan agriculture, check out the latest issues of Michigan Agriculture magazine and Discover Michigan Farm Fun directory, and explore additional food and agriculture industry resources.