COVID-19 Information and Updates
During the COVID-19 Emergency Response, the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development is operating at a limited capacity with critical infrastructure workers only for the protection of public health and continuity of commerce. Some services will not be available until normal business operations resume, and response times may be slowed during this time. Information on the COVID-19 Emergency Response is available at the following links:
- Food and Agriculture Housing Task Force
The task force would like to hear from you about housing needs of agricultural and food processing communities across Michigan. The feedback survey is available here.
- Farmers: Crop Disaster Resources
An online portal for farmers to access State of Michigan, Michigan State University Extension, and USDA / Federal Resources. Check back for latest updates.
- Growing Industrial Hemp in Michigan
View Forms, Resources, Laws and Regulations, and Hemp News Releases & Updates. Click here for hemp licensing information.
- Michigan Agriculture Resources
Learn about Michigan agriculture, check out the latest issues of Michigan Agriculture magazine and Discover Michigan Farm Fun directory, and explore additional food and agriculture industry resources.
- Governor Whitmer Requests USDA Disaster Designation for Michigan Counties Impacted by Severe Weather
- Governor Whitmer Signs Executive Order Extending Protections for Migrant Agricultural Workers
- Spotted lanternfly could be the next invasive species to threaten Michigan's agriculture, natural resources
- MDARD to begin inspections of produce farms with more than $250,000 in gross annual sales
- EPA cancels registration of three dicamba products