COVID-19 Information and Updates
During the COVID-19 Emergency Response, the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development is operating at a limited capacity with critical infrastructure workers only for the protection of public health and continuity of commerce. Some services will not be available until normal business operations resume, and response times may be slowed during this time. Information on the COVID-19 Emergency Response is available at the following links:
- MDARD grants will help animal shelters, new pet adopters
- MDARD accepting applications for annual 'Michigan Agriculture Exporter of the Year' award
- MDARD Director Gary McDowell Selects Joseph Rivet as New Deputy Director
- Keep pets and animals safe during cold weather
- MDARD Awards Rural Grants to Support Infrastructure, Sustainability of Land-Based Industries
- Farmers: Crop Disaster Resources
An online portal for farmers to access State of Michigan, Michigan State University Extension, and USDA / Federal Resources. Check back for latest updates. Click here to launch the GIS viewer.
- Growing Industrial Hemp in Michigan
View Forms, Resources, Laws and Regulations, and Hemp News Releases & Updates.
- Michigan Agriculture Resources
Learn about Michigan agriculture, check out the latest issues of Michigan Agriculture magazine and Discover Michigan Farm Fun directory, and explore additional food and agriculture industry resources.