COVID-19 Information and Updates
During the COVID-19 Emergency Response, the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development is operating at a limited capacity with critical infrastructure workers only for the protection of public health and continuity of commerce. Some services will not be available until normal business operations resume, and response times may be slowed during this time. Information on the COVID-19 Emergency Response is available at the following links:
- Michigan Agricultural Safety Grant Program
In response to the economic impact of the COVID-19, the State of Michigan has allocated $15 million of CARES Act funding to implement the Michigan Agricultural Safety Grant Program to support the needs of Michigan’s agricultural processors and farms. Applications to apply for funding are now available at michiganbusiness.org/agsafety.
- Farmers: Crop Disaster Resources
An online portal for farmers to access State of Michigan, Michigan State University Extension, and USDA / Federal Resources. Check back for latest updates.
- Growing Industrial Hemp in Michigan
View Forms, Resources, Laws and Regulations, and Hemp News Releases & Updates. Click here for hemp licensing information.
- Food and Agriculture Housing Task Force
The task force would like to hear from you about housing needs of agricultural and food processing communities across Michigan.
- Michigan Agriculture Resources
Learn about Michigan agriculture, check out the latest issues of Michigan Agriculture magazine and Discover Michigan Farm Fun directory, and explore additional food and agriculture industry resources.
- Application Now Live for Michigan Agricultural Safety Grant Program
- Governor Whitmer's Request for a Major Disaster Declaration for Mid-Michigan Counties Impacted by May Floods Approved by President Trump
- Governor Whitmer Signs Executive Order Outlining Workplace Safety Guidelines for Meat and Poultry Processing Facilities
- $15 million in agricultural safety grants to provide critical relief to Michigan's farms and food processors
- Governor Whitmer Requests USDA Disaster Designation for Michigan Counties Impacted by Severe Weather