Michigan Grape and Wine Industry Council: Wine Industry Resources
The Michigan Grape and Wine Industry Council is a 12-member Council established by the Legislature to promote Michigan's wine and wine grape-growing industries.
The Council's website (www.michiganwines.com) provides a variety of resource materials that can be helpful in understanding the requirements for establishing and maintaining a vineyard or winery business in Michigan. Resource materials include the "Michigan Wine Industry Resource Guide," a comprehensive overview of the opportunities and complexities of starting a winery business in Michigan.
You'll also find links to other relevant information, including:
* A variety of resources from Michigan State University and other educational institutions
* Good Manufacturing Practices for Michigan Wineries
* MDARD Food Establishment Licensing Guide
* Wine Advocacy Groups
* National and International Wine Competitions
After you have reviewed the material referenced on the website, please contact Karel Bush at 517-284-5742, email@example.com to discuss your business plans and be directed to additional resources.
* Add this page to your online favorites: www.michigan.gov/wineresources
* Proceed to Winery/Vineyard Start-up and Business Resources