- Laboratory Services
The Laboratory Division provides many services. From examining samples of foods, beverages, pesticides and feeds to calibration of metrological standards, lab staff work to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations and to guarantee product quality and sanitation.
- Pesticide Data Program (PDP)
Michigan was one of the original six states selected by the USDA to participate in the Pesticide Data Program (PDP) at its inception in 1991 because of Michigan’s interest in pesticide residue data; availability of laboratory facilities, staff and technical expertise; regional diversity; and Michigan’s substantial commodity production.
- Inspection Service Fees These are the fixed and hourly fees for certifying weighing and measuring devices.
- Animal Disease Analytical Testing Services
An informative resource for veterinarian practitioners detailing how, when, and where to submit serum samples for bovine & other ruminants, equine, swine, goat, and sheep testing. Obtaining test results is also detailed on this webpage.
- Dry Bean Seed Sample Analysis Request Form
- State Milk Laboratory Evaluation Program
MDARD evaluates Michigans private milk testing laboratories to assure their performance.
- Metrology Laboratory Calibration Notice
If you are planning on having any services performed at the Heffron Metrology Laboratory, it is important that you read this notice. It details calibration scheduling, shipping requirements, and standards condition upon arrival.
- National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP) Certificate of Accreditation
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Certificate of Measurement Traceability
- NVLAP Scope of Accreditation