Upcoming W&M Serviceperson Examination Schedule
The state is taking proactive steps to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in Michigan. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation in reducing the coronavirus risk to Michigan residents.
The following tests are scheduled for each of the following sessions
Tuesday, September 15, Wednesday, September 16, 2020
Tuesday, November 17, Wednesday, November 18, 2020
Tuesday, December 1, Wednesday, December 2, 2020
Categories Available for Examination:
- Agri. Chemical
- Belt-Conveyor Scales
- High Flow Retail Meters
- Livestock Scales
- Loading Rack Meters
- L.P. Gas Meters
- Mass Flow Meters
- Medium Capacity Scales
- Multiple Dimension Measuring Device
- NIST Handbook 44
- P.A. 283, MI Weights & Measures Law
- Railway Track Scales
- Retail Computing Scales
- Retail Motor Fuel Dispensers
- Vehicle Scales
- Vehicle Tank Meters (Other than LPG)
Examination Registration Forms:
- Download the 09/15/20 & 09/16/20 Registration Form
- Download the 11/17/20 & 11/18/20 Registration Form
- Download the 12/01/20 & 12/02/20 Registration Form
You must pre-register for the exams you wish to take.
E. C. Heffron Metrology Laboratory
940 Venture Lane
Williamston, Michigan 48895
- Complete and mail in the Serviceperson Registration Application (including either the $300 agency fee or $100 person fee or both if you are a single serviceperson agency).
- Pre-register for the examination using the Examination Registration Form.
- Copies of the handbook will be provided on-site. Pens or pencils will not be provided.
- Thoroughly review all applicable materials (including all Weights and Measures Advisories found on this website).
- Exam administrators are not permitted to discus questions, answers, or direct applicants in any manner.
- 8:30 a.m.: Review of Placed-in-Service guidelines
- 8:45 a.m.: Testing Begins
- 3:30 p.m.: Testing Concludes
- The exam will be graded immediately after being completed (80% or better answered correctly to pass). Only one retake will be allowed per fee submission.
- A picture will be taken which will be transferred onto a personal wallet sized Michigan Serviceperson Identification Card
Please return the Examination Registration Form with your completed application and fee(s) as soon as possible, as seating is limited.
- The test registration form will NOT be processed until after a completed Serviceperson Registration Form has been received.
NOTE: It is strongly encouraged to review all information on the "Service Person Registration" and the applicable "Weights and Measures Advisories" on this website.
We appreciate your cooperation in voluntarily applying to become a Registered Serviceperson in the State of Michigan.