Upcoming W&M Serviceperson Examination Schedule
Due to limited space, persons wishing to participate in the examination process must submit a completed Serviceperson Registration Application and the appropriate Registration Form for the desired test date two weeks prior to testing.
The following tests are scheduled for each of the following sessions
- Wednesday, November 6, 2019
Tuesday, December 3, Wednesday, December 4, 2019
Categories Available for Examination:
- Agri. Chemical
- Belt-Conveyor Scales
- High Flow Retail Meters
- Livestock Scales
- Loading Rack Meters
- L.P. Gas Meters
- Mass Flow Meters
- Medium Capacity Scales
- Multiple Dimension Measuring Device
- NIST Handbook 44
- P.A. 283, MI Weights & Measures Law
- Railway Track Scales
- Retail Computing Scales
- Retail Motor Fuel Dispensers
- Vehicle Scales
- Vehicle Tank Meters (Other than LPG)
Examination Registration Forms:
You must pre-register for the exams you wish to take.
E. C. Heffron Metrology Laboratory
940 Venture Lane
Williamston, Michigan 48895
- Complete and mail in the Serviceperson Registration Application (including either the $300 agency fee or $100 person fee or both if you are a single serviceperson agency).
- Pre-register for the examination using the Examination Registration Form.
- Copies of the handbook will be provided on-site. Pens or pencils will not be provided.
- Thoroughly review all applicable materials (including all Weights and Measures Advisories found on this website).
- Exam administrators are not permitted to discus questions, answers, or direct applicants in any manner.
- 8:30 a.m.: Review of Placed-in-Service guidelines
- 8:45 a.m.: Testing Begins
- 3:30 p.m.: Testing Concludes
- The exam will be graded immediately after being completed (80% or better answered correctly to pass). Only one retake will be allowed per fee submission.
- A picture will be taken which will be transferred onto a personal wallet sized Michigan Serviceperson Identification Card
Please return the Examination Registration Form with your completed application and fee(s) as soon as possible, as seating is limited.
- The test registration form will NOT be processed until after a completed Serviceperson Registration Form has been received.
NOTE: It is strongly encouraged to review all information on the "Service Person Registration" and the applicable "Weights and Measures Advisories" on this website.
We appreciate your cooperation in voluntarily applying to become a Registered Serviceperson in the State of Michigan.