- Minimum Standards for Placing Commercial Scales Into Service
- Place Into Service; Visible Leak
- Credit Card Skimmers and Other Modified Weights and Measures Devices
- Buying and Selling Gold
Due to an increase in operators buying and selling gold from retail locations or residences, the Office of Weights and Measures provides the following guidelines.
- The Michigan Department of Agriculture & Rural Development Weights & Measures Program fee schedule
The Michigan Department of Agriculture & Rural Development fees associated with the inspection and testing of commercial weighing and measuring devices and for the registration of service agencies and servicepersons.
- Metrology Laboratory Services Information
- Advisory on Out-of-State Manufacturers/Suppliers and Off-Site Calibrated Devices
This advisory is intended to provide clarification on the following installation scenarios: 1) Counter scales installed and not calibrated on-site; 2) Out-of-state manufacturers/suppliers shipping meters mounted on vehicle tank trucks; and 3)Requirements for Hanging Scales (Placed In Service)
- Place-In-Service Report Guidelines One of the obligations of a registered serviceperson is to submit a proper Place-In-Service Report and test report under specified conditions. This advisory is intended to serve as a general guideline for report submission.
- Inspection Service Fees
These are the fixed and hourly fees for certifying weighing and measuring devices.
- NIST Handbook 44, G-UR.2.2., Installation of Indicating or Recording Element; and G-UR.3.3., Position of Equipment. Background, Interpretation, and Application of NIST Handbook 44, G-UR.2.2., Installation of Indicating or Recording Element; and G-UR.3.3., Position of Equipment.