- Place Into Service; Visible Leak
- Credit Card Skimmers and Other Modified Weights and Measures Devices. Service Agency and Device Owner Responsibilities
- Placing Into Service; Commercial Scales Minimum Test Requirements
Templates defining the minimum testing requirement necessary to place a commercial scale into service in Michigan
- Buying and Selling Gold Due to an increase in operators buying and selling gold from retail locations or residences, the Office of Weights and Measures provides the following guidelines.
- The Michigan Department of Agriculture Weights & Measures Program announces fee increases effective May 1, 2007
Effective May 1, 2007, the Michigan Department of Agriculture will adjust the fees associated with the inspection and testing of commercial weighing and measuring devices and for the registration of service agencies and servicepersons.
- Metrology Laboratory Services Information http://www.michigan.gov/mda/0,1607,7-125-1568_2389---,00.html
- Advisory on Out-of-State Manufacturers/Suppliers and Off-Site Calibrated Devices This advisory is intended to provide clarification on the following installation scenarios: 1) Counter scales installed and not calibrated on-site; 2) Out-of-state manufacturers/suppliers shipping meters mounted on vehicle tank trucks; and 3)Requirements for Hanging Scales (Placed In Service)
- Place-In-Service Report Guidelines One of the obligations of a registered serviceperson is to submit a proper Place-In-Service Report and test report under specified conditions. This advisory is intended to serve as a general guideline for report submission.
- Inspection Service Fees These are the fixed and hourly fees for certifying weighing and measuring devices.
- NIST Handbook 44, G-UR.2.2., Installation of Indicating or Recording Element; and G-UR.3.3., Position of Equipment. Background, Interpretation, and Application of NIST Handbook 44, G-UR.2.2., Installation of Indicating or Recording Element; and G-UR.3.3., Position of Equipment.