How do I file a complaint with the Michigan Department of Agriculture & Rural Development?

Use this form to let MDARD know of a problem that you feel needs investigation. Based on the nature and details of your complaint, MDARD will either respond to or refer your complaint to the appropriate agency.

Your complaint information is very important for appropriate follow-up, including enforcement. Please be as detailed as possible about the nature of your complaint.

Your contact information is necessary for us to conduct a complete investigation. If you wish to remain anonymous, please do not submit any contact information. Please Note: Right to Farm complaints CANNOT be anonymous.  You must however, provide sufficient complaint detail for us to follow up on. Failure to do so will impact our ability to respond.

You may file an Anonymous Pesticide Complaint here.

Do NOT use this form if you have a complaint about gasoline prices. If you have information regarding potential unfair gasoline pricing practices, you may file a gasoline price gouging complaint online. You may also call the Office of Attorney General at 877-765-8388.

If you have an animal welfare complaint involving a pet store or livestock animals, you are advised to contact the local police or animal control where the facility is located.  They may be able to investigate.  For a list of animal control agencies in Michigan, please see: note that as of August 2009, MDARD has suspended the licensing and regulating of pet stores, including inspecting pet stores and responding to complaints, due to state financial constraints.

*Denotes required field below.
Please Note: Right to Farm complaints
CANNOT be anonymous.
(if you wish to be contacted, check the box)
(mm/dd/yyyy, hh:mm, am/pm):


* Spam Block: (What's this?)


Once you've completed your submission by clicking the Submit Message button, a response in red text will be inserted above the form indicating a successful submission.