How Do I Contact the Michigan Department of Agriculture & Rural Development?

For General Information

View MDARD program descriptions and organizational structure.

Main MDARD Phone Number

For all calls for the Michigan Department of Agriculture & Rural Development, please contact the Customer Service Center at 1-800-292-3939.

The CSC is operated Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm ET. If you need to contact the agency after hours, please use the contact form below or email us.

If you have an emergency, please see our Emergency Contact information here.

Call MDARD's Lab Division

Laboratory Division - 517-284-0500
EC Heffron Metrology Lab - 517-655-8202

Write to MDARD

Michigan Department of Agriculture & Rural Development
P.O. Box 30017
Lansing, Michigan

Send Email to MDARD:

Online Contact Form

This form is helpful if you are using a computer with no email software (such as those found at public libraries.) If you wish to file a complaint, please use the form below.

Freedom of Information Act Process for Michigan Department of Agriculture & Rural Development

You will find all the information you need to complete a FOIA request and submit it to MDARD.

Online Complaint Forms

Gas Complaints

If you have information regarding potential unfair gasoline pricing practices, please call the Attorney General's Office at 1-877-765-8388. You may file a gasoline price gouging complaint online.

Other Complaints: Click here for the MDARD complaint form page

This online form allows you to submit food-related complaints (illness or not) along with pesticide or plant health complaints.

Click here for State Employee email and phone numbers

Emerald Ash Borer

Click here for all questions regarding the Emerald Ash Borer

Agriculture Pollution/Spills Hot Line: 1-800-405-0101
(For non-agriculture related spills, contact EGLE at 1-800-292-4706)

This 24-hour hot line should be used for reporting accidental agricultural pesticide, fertilizer and manure spills. (Chemical spills not agriculture-related should be referred to the Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy's Pollution Emergency Alerting System (PEAS) number, 1-800-292-4706.)

For other emergencies call: 517-373-0440

This number should be used mainly by agriculture producers and food retailers who have experienced damage or loss of crops and products through drought, flood, fire, etc. In the event of reportable animal disease outbreaks or accidental nuclear contamination/leaks, this number should also be used. In many cases, MDARD works with producers to obtain federal disaster assistance, and with retailers to inspect products for possible salvage.

Motor Fuels Quality Hot Line: 1-800-MDA-FUEL

This number is used for reporting suspected adulteration of motor fuels or pump calibrations. It is posted on the pumps at every filling station in the state.