The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Prepare for your Career
Training and credentials are pivotal to becoming the best candidates in the industry. Explore programs to prepare for a career in food and agriculture.
Connect with Professionals for Support
You don't have to make your job search or career journey alone. Connect with an agency to get support.
MI Works! Agencies are here to support you as you:
- Explore: identify what jobs are best suited for your existing skills through assessments and conversations with career coaches
- Prepare: attend workshops to polish your resume, interview skills, and job readiness skills
- Train: develop new skills for today's high-demand jobs through training opportunities and scholarships
- Apply: attend job fairs, search Pure MI Talent Connect for job openings
Find resources and funding support for your credential journey.
- Michigan Reconnect: Find information on the Michigan Reconnect Program
- Sixty by 30: Find information on Michigan's Sixty by 30 initiative
- Earn while you learn, on the job training opportunities: Michigan Works! Apprenticeship Success Coordinators
- Be a standout candidate and develop your resume experiences with the Michigan FFA: Join the Michigan FFA for High Schoolers seeking leadership and communication skill development