Skip to main content

Industrial Hemp

hemp plant
Michigan Agriculture Logo

Industrial Hemp

As of April 13, 2022, the Cannabis Regulatory Agency (CRA) regulates hemp processing and Hemp Processor-Handler Licenses

Please contact the following agencies accordingly:


  • Hemp processing of food with Generally Recognized as Safe (GRAS) hemp ingredients of hulled hemp seed, hemp protein powder, or hemp seed oil (not CBD oil): MDARD Food & Dairy Division at or 800-292-3939. Email: