Public Notice - August 24, 2020 Civil Rights Commission Special Meeting
Michigan Civil Rights Commission
Notice of Special Meeting on August 24, 2020
Monday, August 24, 2020, 5:00 P.M.
This meeting will be held virtually.
The Michigan Civil Rights Commission will be meeting virtually using videoconferencing on Monday, August 24, 2020 at 5 PM. The purpose of this meeting is to deliberate on the candidates interviewed on August 19th, and select the Executive Director of the Michigan Department of Civil Rights. This meeting is being held virtually in accordance with Governor Whitmer's Executive Order 2020-75, which provides temporary authorization of remote participation in public meetings and hearings and temporary relief from monthly meeting requirements for school boards, which allows electronic meetings for legislative bodies.
The Commission meeting may be viewed in the following manner:
- Via Zoom: To participate online via Zoom, click this link: https://zoom.us/j/96275104170
- By phone: To participate by phone, call one of these numbers: US: +1 301 715 8592 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 253 215 8782 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 669 900 9128. Webinar ID: 962 7510 4170
- To view the MCRC meeting via Facebook, go to https://facebook.com/midcr
- To view the meeting on YouTube, go to https://youtu.be/lnFl_jcOtKA
Public Comment: To participate at the time of Public Comment, please raise your hand within the Zoom application.
- Telephone participants: Raise your hand by pressing *9
- Web participants: Raise your hand by clicking raise hand in the application or pressing
- Windows computer = [ALT] + [Y]
- Apple computers = [OPTION] + [Y]
To be consistent with how Public Comment is handled for in-person meetings:
- You will be called on in the order in which your hand is raised.
- All time limits set by the meeting Chair will still be enforced.
- Any hands raised after the Chair ends submission of public comments will not be able to speak at the meeting.
All interested persons are invited to be present and be heard as to their views.
During the meeting, members of the news media should direct questions to Jeannette Johnson by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by text at 616-648-4476.
Those who need mobility, visual, hearing, foreign language, written and/or other assistance for effective participation may request an accommodation by calling 800-482-3604 or e-mail at MDCR-INFO@michigan.gov at least three (3) days prior to the meeting. Requests received after that date cannot be guaranteed, but efforts will be made to provide the accommodation requested. ASL Interpreters have been secured for Deaf and Hard of Hearing individuals, and the meeting will be captioned.