- Chair: Alma Wheeler Smith - Ann Arbor, Appointed January 2018; Term expires 12/31/2019
Alma Wheeler Smith served in the Michigan Legislature for 14 years, eight in the Senate and six in the House. She served on the Appropriations Committee in both chambers. In 2001, Smith became the first African American to mount a campaign for governor on Michigan's Democratic ticket and initiated a second run in 2010.
- Vice Chair: Stacie Clayton - Detroit, Appointed January 2018; Term expires 12/31/2021
Stacie Clayton is the Vice President of Government and Community Affairs for Detroit Renewable Energy. In this role, Clayton leads the company’s government and community engagement efforts.
- Secretary: Laura Reyes Kopack - Livonia, Appointed December 2015; Term expires 12/31/2020
Laura Reyes Kopack JD, is the Director of Government Affairs and Community Relations for the Mechanical Contractors Association, Detroit where she is a trustee on numerous business trusts and Boards of Directors in the construction/business industry and the community. She also practiced law for over thirty years at Creighton, McLean and Shea PLC, her own law firm, and in the corporate sector.
- Ira Combs - Jackson, Appointed January 2018; Term expires 12/31/2021
Bishop Ira Combs, Jr., D.D. is the founder of Greater Bible Way Temple and has served as the senior pastor for over 38 years. He was elevated to the office of Bishop with the Pentecostal Assemblies of the World, Inc., (P.A.W.) in 2010, has served as a member of the Northern District Council for over 30 years, and currently serves as Diocesan Bishop for the 5 Episcopal District - Michigan/Canada.
- Rasha Demashkieh - Fort Gratiot, Appointed December 2011; Term expires 12/31/2019
Rasha Demashkieh is a graduate of Wayne State University School of Pharmacy and Allied Health. She is currently a practicing pharmacist at CVS pharmacy in Port Huron, Michigan.
- Regina Gasco-Bentley - Petoskey, Appointed December 2018; Term expires 12/31/2022
Regina Gasco-Bentley of Petoskey is the chairperson of the Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa Indians.
- Denise Grim - Novi, Appointed December 2018; Term expires 12/31/2022
Denise Grim is the owner of DYG Public Relations, Marketing & Special Events LLC and is currently contracted with the State of Michigan as the Outreach Coordinator for the Michigan Asian Pacific American Affairs Commission (MAPAAC).
- Jeffrey J. Sakwa - Birmingham, Appointed March 2017; Term expires 12/31/2020
Jeff Sakwa is the President of Noble Realty, Inc. He is also the President and founder of Defeat the Label, an advocacy organization dedicated to raising awareness of bullying and people with autism.