The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
MDCR’s Office of Legislative Affairs researches and advises on key bills introduced in the Michigan House and Senate potentially impacting civil rights in Michigan. Working with MDCR's Executive Team, the Legislative Liaison coordinates and communicates the Department's position on legislation; represents MDCR at House and Senate committee hearings; develops bill analyses and tracks legislation; and engages other state departments and agencies.
To contact MDCR on matters related to legislation, e-mail Jerome Reide, Legislative Liaison, at MDCRServiceCenter@michigan.gov or call 1-800-482-3604.
- Legislative Fiscal Budget Report – March 14, 2022
- Resolution in Support of Civil Rights, Academic Freedom and in Opposition to Censorship – November 22, 2021
- Michigan Civil Rights Commission Resolution in Support of Fair Maps and in Opposition to Minority Vote Dilution – November 22, 2021
- Resolution - A Safe Learning Environment is a Civil Right – September 27, 2021
- Resolution In Recognition of the Americans with Disabilities Act 31st Anniversary – July 26, 2021
- Resolution In Support of H.R. 1 & S.1 - For The People Act of 2021 – May 24, 2021
- Resolution In Support of H.R. 1280 - The George Floyd Justice In Policing Act – May 24, 2021
- Resolution and Guidelines on Open Meetings Act – November 23, 2020