The Hearings Office provides formal hearings to address (1) grievance appeals by non-exclusively represented employees who have exhausted appeals available with their appointing authority, (2) unfair labor practice charges, (3) labor-relations appeals, and (4) other appeals authorized by the civil service rules and regulations. The Hearings Office also conducts representation elections.
Note: Effective October 1, 2015, all filings with the Hearings Office must be by email to MCSC-Hearings@mi.gov.
Applicable Rules and Regulations
- 6.02 Unfair Labor Practice Charges
- 8.01 Grievance and Grievance Appeal Procedures
- 8.06 Computing Time and Filing Documents
- CS-100 Grievance Form
- CS-1747 Request to Order Witnesses to Appear or Produce Documents
- CS-1760 Petition for Election
- Research Prior Decisions
- Grievance Appeals Bench Book
Hearings Office Location:
Capitol Commons Center
400 S. Pine Street, Suite 102
Lansing, MI 48933
Note: This is the address for hand and courier deliveries to the hearings office.
If you have additional questions or comments, please contact the Hearings Office at MCSC-Hearings@mi.gov or 517-241-9096.