Seasonal Flu Busters Program for State of Michigan Employees
2017 Flu Vaccine Clinic Dates:
September 18, 2017 - November 17, 2017
Note: The Flu Vaccine Program is for Active State Employees Only
The Employee Benefits Division of the Michigan Civil Service Commission is coordinating seasonal flu vaccines for State of Michigan employees. The Michigan Community Wellness Visiting Nurse Association (VNA) will administer the vaccines.
A flu vaccine is covered at 100% for employees who are insured by a State group medical insurance plan. Services will be provided at no charge to you if you bring a PHOTO COPY of your state health insurance card to your appointment.
If you do not have proof of your State health insurance, be prepared to pay $34.00 by cash or check to: "Michigan Community VNA - Flu Program", for the flu vaccination. Senate and House health insurance cannot be billed for this flu vaccine program and will be required to pay $34.00 by cash or check to: "Michigan Community VNA - Flu Program." A receipt will be provided.
Where to Receive a Flu Vaccine:
In late summer, flu vaccine locations will be posted in this area, in preparation for vaccine clinics. Clinics will be listed by date and location. Enrollment in vaccine clinics is done through the Flu Vaccine Clinic Registration site.
The Flu Vaccine Clinic for 2017 has ended.
Check back next summer for information on the 2018 program!
Before Attending a State of Michigan Flu Clinic:
You will be required to bring documentation to your vaccination site after enrolling. Make sure you have all of the materials listed below to ensure a quick and easy vaccination day!
Please bring the following items with you to your vaccination site:
- A photo copy of your state group health insurance card.
- BCBS Vision Cards, Magellan Cards, or Dental Insurance Cards will not be accepted
- Your State Employee ID Card
- A completed Consent Form
- Use the 2017 Influenza Vaccination Assesment and Consent Form. Previous years' versions of this form will not be accepted.
Additional Flu Vaccine Resources:
- Find a Local Health Department
- What's New for the 2017-2018 Flu Season?
- Forms and Information for Employees
- Michigan Partnership for Health & Disability
- Department of Community Health Flu Website
- Information about the nasal-spray (mist) flu vaccine can be found at www.cdc.gov/flu