COVID-19 Stress Management Webinars
The Employee Service Program has created special webinars to help employees cope with and manage the stress of this unprecedented time. The webinars are described below and can be requested by managers for small or large groups by calling ESP at 800-521-1377 or sending an email to MCSC-ESP@michigan.gov.
Coping with the Stress of Covid-19: Moving Forward (60 minutes)
As we move forward in this time of Covid-19, there continue to be many challenges and unknowns which can bring on a variety of emotions and reactions. This webinar focuses on understanding the reactions and challenges related to the COVID-19 pandemic. It provides coping tips, strategies, and resources to help us manage and positively adjust during this time.
- Provide a brief overview of the Employee Service Program (ESP)
- Review common stress reactions and challenges of Covid-19
- Discuss coping strategies for positive coping and moving forward
- Learn about available resources and services
Mindfulness During Times of Stress and Uncertainty (30 minutes)
This is an interactive session where participants will briefly learn elements of mindfulness practice and then be led through three different mindfulness exercises. Whether you are a beginner or regularly practice mindfulness, this session will help you feel more relaxed and bring about a greater sense of peace and calm.
- Learn the benefits of using relaxation and mindfulness techniques during times of stress and uncertainty
- Gain awareness of different mindfulness practices and exercises
Using StressStop to Support Wellness (30 minutes)
We may not always recognize the signs and symptoms of our stress, let alone have ideas on how to manage it. In this webinar, we will introduce the StressStop Stress Management Tool to highlight techniques that can be used to help support wellness during COVID-19.
- Understand the mental and physical impact of stress
- Identify quick and easy methods to decrease stress using the StressStop Tool