Wellness Wednesday Webinars
All webinars are offered for State of Michigan employees through a Teams Live Event without the need for appointments or registration. Starting in October, Wellness Wednesday Webinars will be offered on the first Wednesday of the each month from 11:00 -11:45 AM.
Each webinar below links directly to the live event in Microsoft Teams. Click the appropriate link at the starting time to attend; no registration or sign-up required.
- Coping with Grief and Loss - Wednesday, September 22: 1:00 - 1:30
- Grief is a universal experience that impacts all of us throughout our lives. Yet grief is also individualized and unique to personal experiences. The loss of loved ones and friends during the pandemic has been especially difficult. This session will help participants gain a better understanding of grief, including complicated bereavement, and how it can be present in the workplace. It will also address ways to receive and provide support for grief and access additional resource
- Navigating Communication in the New Workplace - Wednesday, September 29: 11:30 - 12:00
- Communication in the workplace has never been as challenging as it is today. With a blend of in-office, remote, and hybrid work schedules, constant change, and the discussion of potentially divisive topics and issues, it is vital that we communicate kindly and productively. This webinar will help identify current communication hurdles and teach methods that can lead to more effective and positive workplace communication.
- Managing the Stress of Change and Uncertainty - Wednesday, October 6: 11:00 - 11:45
- Even though we now experience change on a constant basis, it still has the potential for increasing our stress level. This is especially true when there is much uncertainty related to change or change that feels out of our control. Yet how we manage uncertainty and change can make a huge difference on our overall outlook and well-being. This webinar will help increase your understanding of why change can be stressful, learn strategies for minimizing and managing stress and guide you through a quick relaxation technique to use during uncertain times.
- Work-Life Balance in 2021 - Wednesday, November 3: 11:00 - 11:45
- Do you ever feel overwhelmed with managing day-to-day responsibilities and expectations? Many employees find it challenging to balance work and family while taking care of their own needs. When we are balanced, we tend to be happier, healthier, and more productive in all areas. Whether you are working from home, hybrid, or in the office it is important to explore ways to find balance. This webinar offers employees helpful insight, tools, and creative strategies for achieving greater work life balance.
If you missed a webinar or want to rewatch one you attended, be sure to check out the Wellness Wednesday Webinars Recordings webpage.
If you have never attended a Teams Live Event, view this document on Attending Teams Live Events.
For additional information or questions, please contact ESP at 800-521-1377 or email at MCSC-ESP@michigan.gov.