Open Enrollment Information
|2019-2020 Insurance Open Enrollment Information|
Insurance Open Enrollment (IOE) for FY 2019-2020 (August 1 through August 23, 2019) is your annual opportunity to review and change your benefit elections (health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance). You are strongly encouraged to do so to ensure you and your covered eligible dependents have the necessary coverage for the coming year.
- All IOE changes must be entered in your HR Self-Service account no later than 11:59 p.m. on August 23, 2019. Access to your HR Self-Service account will be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week online, except during regular scheduled maintenance. Password assistance is available at www.mi.gov/selfserv under "Get Help" or by calling the MI HR Service Center.
- All supporting eligibility documentation for IOE must be provided to the MI HR Service Center by September 30, 2019.
- If you need assistance, contact the MI HR Service Center at 877-766-6447.
- Your enrollment elections for FY 2019-2020 will go into effect on October 6, 2019. Your IOE selections will remain in effect for the entire benefit year, from October through October, except for certain situations. For details, refer to the FAQs.
- If you are married to another eligible State employee or retiree, review the Eligibility Guidelines regarding your options for enrollment as either an employee or as a dependent, as well as options for enrolling your child(ren).
- Information about your eligibility, and the eligibility of your family members, can be found in Eligibility Guidelines.
- When you complete the enrollment process, you will be provided with a confirmation statement. The confirmation statement is sent to the email address you have on file in your HR Self-Service account. If you do not have an email address on file your confirmation statement is sent in the postal mail. Changes will not be recorded if you exit the system before receiving a message confirming that the confirmation statement has been sent and the enrollment is complete. This will be the only confirmation statement you will receive.
Additional IOE online resources:
If you would like assistance, please contact the MI HR Service Center toll-free at 877-766-6447.