Skip to main content

Am I eligible for a Family Care Leave?

You may be eligible to take a Family Care Leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) if you have:

  • been employed by the state for one year (does not have to be continuous), and
  • physically worked 1,250 hours during the previous 12 months, and
  • not previously exhausted your FMLA entitlement.

If you are represented by the UAW, you may have non-FMLA provisions. For more information, please refer to the "What are the non-FMLA Family Care Leave provisions for UAW employees?" answer.