Skip to main content

What are the non-FMLA Family Care Leave provisions for UAW employees?

Under Article 50 of the UAW collective bargaining agreement, eligible UAW employees who have exhausted, or do not qualify for, Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) leave may request a Family Care Leave for a seriously ill or seriously injured spouse, child,  parent, or grandchild who is dependent on them for care or support.

Employees must have completed 1,040 hours of satisfactory service and have depleted all accrued sick leave. Employees may be granted, once during their employment, an unpaid leave of absence (including necessary extensions) not to exceed 3 months for Family Care Leave.