The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Do I have to exhaust all of my leave credits while on an FMLA Intermittent Leave or a Reduced Schedule Leave?
For leave due to a personal illness or medical condition:
- You must exhaust your sick leave credits before going on an unpaid time off.
- You may use other leave credits to remain on payroll.
- For leave due to your family member’s illness or medical condition:
- Review your collective bargaining agreement, or
- contact the Disability Management Office (DMO) for specifics on using leave credits during an Intermittent Leave or Reduced Schedule Leave.
For questions on using leave credits, contact the DMO by phone at 877-766-6447, option 2. The DMO is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.