Skip to main content

How do I continue my health, dental, vision, and life insurances while on a Parental Leave if I am not covered under FMLA?

Once you are no longer receiving a paycheck, the Employee Benefits Division (EBD) will mail you a (CS-1820) Application to Continue Insurance that includes the plans (health, dental, vision, and life) that are eligible for continuation.  You must select the insurance plans you wish to continue and return the application to EBD.   

EBD will mail an invoice and you will be responsible for making a direct payment for coverage to continue
If you have questions on the Application to Continue Insurances form (CS-1820), contact EBD at 1-800-505-5011.