Skip to main content

May I take Parental Leave if I am ineligible for FMLA?

Yes.  Non-FMLA, unpaid Parental Leave may be allowed under the provisions of the Civil Service Rules for non-represented employees (NERE) and under the collective bargaining agreements for represented employees.

For specific information on unpaid Parental Leave, refer to your collective bargaining agreement, or the Civil Service Rules and Regulations or contact the Disability Management Office (DMO).

Contact the DMO by phone at 877-766-6447, option 2.  The DMO is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.