Skip to main content

What if I cannot return to work?

If you cannot return to work, the State of Michigan’s Workers' Compensation Third Party Administrator, Sedgwick, will continue to pay for reasonable and necessary medical treatment related to your work related injury.  They will also continue to pay your statutory wage-loss benefits, as long as you continue to be disabled.

Depending on your medical leave rights under Civil Service Rules and Regulations, or collective bargaining agreements, you may be placed on a medical leave of absence,  medical layoff, or separated from employment.