The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
How do I continue my health, dental, vision, and life insurances while on a Medical Leave if I am covered by Long Term Disability (LTD) and I am not covered under FMLA?
Your health, dental, vision, and dependent life insurance premiums will continue to be deducted from your paycheck while you use leave credits and remain on payroll.
Once you are no longer receiving a paycheck, the Employee Benefits Division (EBD) will mail you a (CS-1820) Application to Continue Insurances that includes the plans (health, dental, vision, and life) that are eligible for continuation. You must select the insurance plans you wish to continue and return the application to EBD.
LONG TERM DISABILITY (LTD)
- LTD is administered by Sedgwick.
- LTD will pay your entire health insurance premium for up to 6 months if you are receiving LTD.
- LTD does not cover dental and vision premiums.
DENTAL & VISION INSURANCE
- Your dental and vision coverage will stop at the end of the pay period of your last day paid.
- If you elected to continue your dental and vision coverage on the CS-1820 form, EBD will mail an invoice and you will be responsible for making a direct payment for coverage to continue.
- Employee and Dependent Life Insurance coverage continues while on LTD and premiums are waived.
If you have questions on the Application to Continue Insurances form (CS-1820), contact EBD at 1-800-505-5011.