Skip to main content

If I divorce or my children are no longer eligible for coverage under my plan, must they stay enrolled in the State HDHP if they elect COBRA coverage? Will they receive the state HSA contribution?

A family member who loses coverage must remain in the State HDHP under COBRA but would have the opportunity during COBRA open enrollment to elect a different health plan. There would not be a state HSA contribution.