The State Law Library is located in the Michigan Library and Historical Center at
702 W. Kalamazoo, Lansing, Michigan.
The State Law Library, a division of the Library of Michigan, is open from 10am to 5pm, Monday through Friday. State government employees and the general public alike are welcome to come and make use of our print and electronic resources, and our staff can demonstrate how to use these materials effectively. We can also assist you by phone or email in navigating state websites or by suggesting resources to help locate legal or legislative information. We do not perform research for the general public, however, as our primary function is to provide research support to state government employees working in their official capacities.
Moreover, as librarians, we cannot provide advice or guidance on legal matters, explain whether something is "legal" or otherwise interpret the law, nor speak for or on behalf of another government agency. Those seeking legal help should contact a private attorney or legal assistance organization - for more information, see the Michigan eLibrary (MeL) Legal Gateway.
- For additional resources near you, see the Directory of Michigan Law Libraries.
- Contact Information for the Law Library
- State Law Library Research Services for State of Michigan Employees
- State Law Library Research Request Form for State of Michigan Employees
- Document Delivery Information for non-State Employees