On July 31, 2018, the President signed the Strengthening Career and Technical Education for the 21st Century Act into law. This bill reauthorizes the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act of 2006 and will be referred to as Perkins V. This legislation is dedicated to increasing learner access to high-quality Career Technical Education (CTE) programs of study. With a focus on systems alignment and program improvement, Perkins is critical to ensuring that programs are prepared to meet the ever-changing needs of learners and employers.
Public Comment for Proposed Changes to the State Determined Levels of Performance of Perkins Core Performance Indicator - 3S1: Post-program Placement
Under the Strengthening Career and Technical Education for the 21st Century Act section 113(b)(3)(A)(iii), a state may, after public comment, revise state determined levels of performance (SDLPs) if unanticipated circumstances arise. Therefore, Michigan is seeking public comment on proposed revised SDLPs as described in the information sheet in the link below.
Perkins V State Plan
- Michigan Perkins State Plan Approval Letter
- 2020-2024 Michigan State Plan for Career and Technical Education (complete)
- 2020-2024 Michigan State Plan for Career and Technical Education (plan only)
- 2020-2021 Secondary Perkins Grant Application
- 2020-2021 Secondary Comprehensive Local Needs Assessment
- 2020-2021 Postsecondary Perkins Grant Application
- 2020-2021 Postsecondary Comprehensive Local Needs Assessment