Career Pathways Grant
The Michigan Department of Education - Office of Career and Technical Education (MDE-OCTE) and the Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity, Workforce Development (LEO-WD) is offering a collaborative grant opportunity to fund secondary/postsecondary partnerships to develop seamless programs of study aligned to local labor market needs and student interests; with learner-friendly on-ramps and off-ramps, that culminate in postsecondary recognized credentials.
Grant recipients will work with employers to identify the credentials valued by employers and link those credentials to state Career and Technical Education (CTE) program standards and ensure aligned, high quality CTE programs of study. For the purpose of this grant, credential refers to the occupation-specific, safety, and career ready practices recognized by industry. The State CTE program standards refer to the technical, pathway, cluster, and career and employability standards recognized by MDE-OCTE and aligned to postsecondary programs which may provide an opportunity for credit at the postsecondary level.
The grant supports MDE's Top 10 Strategic Education Plan Goals and Michigan's Sixty by 30 Goal. Grant fiscal agencies must be eligible secondary or postsecondary Perkins subrecipients.
- 2021-2022 Career Pathways Enhancement Competitive Grant (CPEG): Expand the work of 2020-2021 CPG recipients by proposing additional credentials valued by employers. (Only available for prior CPG CIP codes. Open to all applicants.)
- 2021-2022 Career Pathways (CPG) Competitive Grant: Identify new credentials valued by employers for Career and Technical Education (CTE), Instructional Programs (CIPs) that were not included in the 2020-2021 CPG. (Open to all applicants.)
- CPG Credential Checklist
- CPG Criterion Exception Request
- CPG Action Plan, Mid-Grant, and Final Performance Report
- CPG Credential Recommendation
- CPG Budget Summary and Final Expenditure Report
- CPG Expenditure Detail and Narrative
- CPG Stakeholders
- CPG Step-by-Step Instructions
- CPG Employer Survey Tool
- CPG Letter of Commitment Template
- CPG Credential Approval Flow Chart
- CPG Map
Other CPG News
On May 10, 2021, MDE-OCTE announced new and updated credentials for Perkins V reporting beginning in the 2021-2022 school year, developed under the first round of Career Pathways Grants. See Credential Update for Perkins V Reporting memo.
Information on these credentials will be available on CTE Instruction Resources, by Career Cluster webpage on July 28, 2021. Career Pathways Grant (CPG): Recordings and Resources are available from TA Sessions held in the spring and summer of 2021.
Three CIP areas are finalizing work and will be unveiled at the CEPD Summer Leadership Conference in August 2021, OCTE Fall Update in October 2021 and at the Michigan Career Education Conference in January 2022.
- 49.0101: Aeronautics/Aviation/Aerospace Science and Technology
- 52.0901: Hospitality Administration/Management, General (new and emerging program)
- 49.0102: Airline/Commercial/Professional Pilot and Flight Crew (new and emerging program)
Questions regarding the Career Pathways Grant program may be directed to MDE-CareerPathways@michigan.gov.