Provide Feedback on Michigan’s New School Transparency Dashboard
At the February 14, 2017 meeting of the State Board of Education (SBE), Deputy Superintendent Venessa Keesler presented Michigan’s draft plan to implement the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA). The public is invited to view the SBE presentation, along with the draft plan and all supporting documents, including a plan overview by clicking the following link: ESSA State Plan Development
November Feedback Forum Videos
In late 2016, the MDE recently partnered with intermediate school districts throughout the state to host a series of ESSA Feedback Forums, where planning teams presented draft recommendations and invited stakeholder input around five strategic areas. The public can still access video recordings of the Wayne RESA Feedback Forum held on November 29, 2016.
- Welcome and Introduction Video
- Support to Students and Schools Presentation
- Supports to Special Populations Presentation
- Teacher and Leader Quality Presentation
- Accountability Presentation
- Assessment Presentation
NOTE: The recommendations in these videos may have changed as a result of feedback received prior to and during the plan drafting stage.
Additional ways to provide input:
- Sign up to MDE's ESSA mailing list to receive email updates
- Email inquiries or ideas directly to MDE-ESSA@michigan.gov