MiSTEM Advisory Council Grant
Under Section 99s(2) and (3) in the fiscal year 2019 School Aid Act, $3,050,000 is provided to fund grants recommended by the MiSTEM Advisory Council for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) programs in Michigan Selected programs must be in the STEMworks database.
The Michigan Department of Education, on behalf of the MiSTEM Advisory Council, is accepting consortium proposals that are recommended for funding. For information see the MISTEM Grant Request for Applications.
Grant Resources and Application Materials
- Consortium Mapping Complete: December 4, 2019
- Awardees recommended to MDE: December 15, 2019
- Consortium Application available in MEGS+: December 15, 2019
- Technical Assistance Meeting: December 16, 2019, 3:00-4:00 pm on Skype
- Consortium Applications Complete: January 30, 2020
- Grant Expenditure Period: October 1, 2019 - September 30, 2021
A technical assistance webinar has been scheduled to discuss the application and selection process, and to answer questions that potential applicants might have. The date is:
- December 16, 2019, 3:00-4:00 pm
- The Skype connection information for this meeting is:
- Conference ID: 853833098
- Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android
- Telephone： Dial: +1 248 509 0316
If you are unable to attend the webinar live, the presentation is available as a PDF.
To learn more about the study that was done to advise the Council on the implementation of section 99s2 & 3, please see the CEDER Final Report, Part One. In the recommendations section there are comments back to the document highlighting the items that were addressed during this program cycle.