Best Practices and Research
- Interstate New Teacher Assessment and Support Consortium (INTASC) Standards
- SHAPE America: National Physical Education Teaching Standards
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Professional Teaching Standards
Classroom Observations: Observation Templates and Rubrics
- The New Teacher Project (TNTP) Core Teaching Rubric
- The New Teacher Project (TNTP) Research: Fixing Classroom Observations
ASCD: Seven Keys to Effective Feedback
A quick review of the seven keys to effective feedback; appropriate for both teachers and administrators.
ASCD: Four Ways to Give Effective Feedback
A brief description of diagnostic, prescriptive, descriptive, and micro feedback for teachers.
- The New Teacher’s Project
Link to their on-line resources on teacher observation and feedback.
ASCD: Excerpt from The Handbook for Enhancing Professional Practice
This is a summary of Danielson’s work on collecting evidence through observation and examination of artifacts. While the Danielson framework is referenced, the information is applicable to all evaluation frameworks.
- Missouri’s Educator Evaluation System: Possible Sources of Evidence
Improving Evaluator Reliability
Massachusetts Department of Education
Online resource including calibration training tool (with videos and facilitation guides) and extensive library of classroom instruction videos.
Study for the USDOE: Measuring and Promoting Inter-Rater Agreement of Teacher and Principal Performance Ratings, 2012
Distinction between inter-rater reliability and inter-rater agreement.
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation: Ensuring Accurate Feedback from Observations, 2012
Multi-state research conducted after TNTP’s The Widget Effect was released. Includes call for building capacity, creating conditions conducive to high quality evaluation (time, culture, etc.) and monitoring for quality: