Project 1 - Grant Management and Governance
The goal of the Grant Management and Governance project was to create a grant management and governance structure that would coordinate and streamline efforts through strong leadership, stakeholder involvement, and a multi-agency coordination plan. Strategies and goals of this project included:
- Establishing and operationalizing appropriate governance body for Race to the Top - Early Learning Challenge (RTT-ELC) work in Michigan;
- Developing a shared vision, strategy and protocols for managing RTT-ELC and integrating the grant activities into the larger early learning system;
- Developing and implementing a broad communication and outreach plan, including individualized communication plans and materials for each RTT-ELC grant project;
- Developing necessary processes to ensure cross-agency coordination of staff, resources, data and other supports and materials; and
- Overseeing and coordinating multi-agency grant management activities, including monitoring and reporting functions.
Related Final Documents:
- Reflections on Michigan's Race to the Top - Early Learning Challenge Grant (Final Report)
- RTT-ELC Wins
To learn more about other projects under Michigan's Race to the Top - Early Learning Challenge grant, please visit the Michigan RTT-ELC Projects Page, visit our grant resource page , view our Frequently Asked Questions, or contact us with questions or comments.