Project 7 Increasing Family Engagement
Michigan plans to expand and improve efforts to engage families in meaningful ways and support their development as leaders for their own children and communities. The strategies in this project will increase family access to resources designed to promote the physical, social, and emotional health of their children by:
- Incorporating Strengthening Families Protective Factors into the Great Start to Quality (GSQ) program standards;
- Placing Family Engagement Consultants in target communities to support parents and providers;
- Providing training modules about the GSQ Family and Community Partnerships standards;
- Assisting families and providers in understanding and adopting protective factors into daily practice;
- Establishing and coordinate networks of trusted advisors able to provide support to families in their local communities; and
- Developing and distribute supplemental materials to support family understanding of the Kindergarten Entry Assessment.
To learn more about other projects under the grant, please visit the Michigan RTT-ELC Projects Page, visit our grant resource page , view our Frequently Asked Questions, or contact us with questions or comments.