Project 7 Increasing Family Engagement
Michigan expanded and improved efforts to engage families in meaningful ways and supported their development as leaders for their own children and communities. The strategies in this project increased family access to resources designed to promote the physical, social, and emotional health of their children by:
- Incorporating Strengthening Families Protective Factors into the Great Start to Quality (GSQ) program standards;
- Placing Family Engagement Consultants in target communities to support parents and providers;
- Providing training modules about the GSQ Family and Community Partnerships standards;
- Assisting families and providers in understanding and adopting protective factors into daily practice; and
- Establishing and coordinating networks of trusted advisors able to provide support to families in their local communities.
- Family Engagement Consultants Infographic
- Care Giving Conversation Evaluation Report (available upon request)
To learn more about other projects under Michigan's Race to the Top - Early Learning Challenge grant, please visit the Michigan RTT-ELC Projects Page, visit our grant resource page , view our Frequently Asked Questions, or contact us with questions or comments.