Project 2 - Increasing Great Start to Quality
Through this project Michigan will develop and implement effective strategies for improving the quality of early learning environments, across provider types, through increased participation in GSQ. Strategies and goals for this project include:
- Provide training and consultation through GSQ to unlicensed providers to support quality improvement;
- Assign regional Quality Improvement Specialists to offer outreach and individualized technical assistance to home-based providers in target areas;
- Offer participation bonuses targeted toward licensed providers serving children with high needs;
- Offer of Quality Improvement Grants to licensed providers; and
- Support licensing consultants to become ambassadors for GSQ.
To learn more about other projects under the grant, please visit the Michigan RTT-ELC Projects Page, visit our grant resource page , view our Frequently Asked Questions, or contact us with questions or comments.