Michigan's Top 10 Strategic Education Plan Tool Kit
With the approval of Michigan’s Top 10 Strategic Education Plan by the State Board of Education in August 2020, the Michigan Department of Education has been steadfast in implementing the updated plan.
MDE recognizes that contributions from our education partners are pivotal to these efforts. We need your help to share, discuss, and commit work towards the Michigan’s Top 10 strategic education plan. Through this work, we can ensure every learner in Michigan’s public schools will have an inspiring, engaging, and caring learning environment that fosters creative and critical thinkers who believe in their ability to positively influence Michigan and the world beyond.
To assist with this vision, MDE has created a tool kit to support partners in spreading awareness about the plan.
The Michigan’s Top 10 Strategic Education Plan Toolkit includes four items:
- Strategic Education Plan Booklet
- Gives an overview of the plan’s purpose, implementation, components, and metrics. Easily shareable and great for getting familiarized with the plan basics.
- PowerPoint Slides
- Offers an easy way to introduce the plan during presentations and show how local work connects to the plan. Great for sharing with staff and partners.
- Talking Points
- Allows for promotion of the plan in conversation.
- Newsletter language
- Increases awareness of the updated plan and shows local support when added to current newsletters.