The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Food Service Contracts
Child Nutrition Program Sponsors can operate their School Nutrition Program, the Child and Adult Care Food Program, and/or the Summer Food Service Program or work with a Company or another Sponsor to provide meals and/or management.
The Child Nutrition Program Procurement Team provides technical assistance and guidance to Child Nutrition Program Sponsors that wish to work with a Company or another Sponsor to provide meals and/or management.
What does the Procurement Team do? The team:
• Conducts a full Food Service Contract Review, including pre and post-review functions as program regulation requires.
• Reviews invoice reconciliations for FSMC and VMC contracts to ensure compliance with program requirements and contract terms.
• Provides prototype templates for the formal procurement of FSMC and VMC in these programs. In the formal procurement process, prototype templates are provided for FSMC and VMC in these programs.
• Gives guidance on how to complete the prototypes or draft bid specifications in the informal process. In the informal process, there is guidance on how to complete the prototypes or draft bid specifications.
• Conducts one-on-one and group training calls and webinars provide information and support through the process.
• Provides templates and general guidance for Sponsor-Sponsor Agreements and Alternate Agreements. Templates and general guidance is provided for Sponsor-Sponsor Agreement and Alternate Agreements.
To learn more about these types of food service contracts, obtain prototype documents, or for questions contact the Food Service Contract Unit at MDE-FSMC-Vended@michigan.gov.
For assistance with all other procurement contracts or issues, please refer to the Procurement section of the Fiscal and Administrative Services webpage.
Guidance and Resources
Summer Food Service Program and Child and Adult Care Food Program - Information Coming Soon
All contract prototype documents and renewal forms are available by contacting the Food Service Contract unit staff at MDE-FSMC-Vended@michigan.gov or 517-241-5348.
School Nutrition Program Sponsors with Food Service Contracts