The web Browser you are currently using is unsupported, and some features of this site may not work as intended. Please update to a modern browser such as Chrome, Firefox or Edge to experience all features Michigan.gov has to offer.
Title I, Part A - Improving Basic Programs
The Title I, Part A Program is designed to help disadvantaged children meet high academic standards by participating in either a Schoolwide or a Targeted Assistance Program. Schoolwide Programs are implemented in high-poverty schools following a year of planning with external technical assistance and use Title I, Part A funds to upgrade the entire educational program of the school. Targeted Assistance Programs provide supplementary instruction to children who are failing or most at risk of failing to meet the district's core academic curriculum standards. School-based decision-making, professional development, and parent involvement are important components of each district's Title I, Part A Program.
Process for Calculating Title I, Part A Allocations
Title I Schoolwide and Targeted Assistance Planning
Title I Resources
- Title I Paraprofessional Qualifications Updated 3/4/22
- Title I, Part A - Neglected Study Guide - Blank
- Title I, Part A - Neglected Study Guide - With Explanations
- Serving Preschool Children Under Title I - Non-Regulatory Guidance [USED]
- Legislation and Regulations [USED]
- 50 Ways Parents Can Help Schools