Modernizing Continuum of Care (MCC)
In January 2018 the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) implemented the first phase of the Community Health Automated Medicaid Processing System (CHAMPS) Modernizing Continuum of Care (MCC) project.
The key features include:
- Level of Care (LOC) codes replaced by Program Enrollment Type (PET) codes. The PET codes more precisely reflect program options and provide additional information on living arrangements and exemption reasons. Information regarding LOC to PET changes, including a list of the new PET codes, is provided in Bulletin MSA 17-40.
- Specific providers directly enter admission or discharge information in CHAMPS. This can result in real-time changes to the beneficiary’s PET code.
- Providers can view a roster of all beneficiaries for whom they have submitted admission information in CHAMPS. The roster allows the provider to see an individual’s admission, Medicaid status, and information on discharged beneficiaries.
- When a SNF enters admission information for an individual who does not have active or pending Medicaid eligibility, a Medicaid Application for Health Care Coverage Patient of Nursing Facility (DHS-4574) will be automatically mailed to the beneficiary.
- Patient Pay Amounts (PPA) segments are provided separately in a new “Patient Pay” section at the bottom of the eligibility response page. The data is no longer part of the LOC segment, which has been removed from the eligibility response page.