Claims and Encounters
The Claims tab/function in CHAMPS allows access for users to submit claims, a payment request from a provider for health care services provided to a recipient, directly through either a batch upload process or Direct Data Entry (DDE). Additional functions within the claims tab are manage claims (i.e. adjustment/void), claim reports, and status claims.
One of the following profiles is needed to access the Claims tab: CHAMPS Full Access, CHAMPS Limited Access, or Claims Access.
To access a resource click on the preferred file hyperlink.
Quick Reference Guides
- Manage Claims-Adjust/Void
- Claim Inquiry
- Direct Data Entry (DDE)
- How to Save & Search Template
- CHAMPS Navigation Tutorial - PDF, Recording
- Claim Limit List Function
- Claim Status Instructions
- Common Professional Claim Denials
- How to Adjust a Claim with Other Insurance
- Other Insurance Reporting Requirements
- Submitting Electronic Claim Files to MDHHS
- TCN Composition Worksheet
- Verifying Claim Adjustment Source