Office of Recipient Rights
- RIGHTS IS EVERYBODY'S BUSINESS!
Call the MDHHS-ORR Hotline: 1-800-854-9090
Hearing impaired individuals may use the following number: Michigan Relay Center 711
If you suspect or are aware of the abuse, neglect or exploitation of a recipient of public mental health services in Michigan, use the following links to assist you in reporting the information.
Online Recipient Rights Training for Mental Health Staff:
Information About the Rights of Recipients
- Rights Information Handbooks and Podcast
English, Spanish and Arabic versions of the booklet that explains the safeguards for your rights when you receive mental health services.
- Rights of Recipients of Mental Health Services
Link to Chapter 7 of the Michigan Mental Health Code and Administrative Rules.
Link to "Summary of Abuse & Neglect Reporting Requirements" poster.
- Online Training for Recipients of Mental Health Services
How to Better Understand your Mental Health Rights
About the Office of Recipient Rights
- Mission and Vision
To protect and promote the constitutional and statutory rights of recipients of public mental health services and empower recipients to fully exercise these rights.
- Community Mental Health Program Assessments
Assessment dates and results
- Office of Recipient Rights Annual Reports
Recipient Rights Annual Report
- Psychiatric Hospital Notice of Death Reporting and Investigation
New psychiatric hospital death reporting process
- Contact Us
Michigan Department of Health & Human Services Office of Recipient Rights Staff and Location Information
- MDHHS-ORR Recipient Rights Advisory Committee
Listing of meeting dates and minutes
- MDHHS Director's Awards for Recipient Rights
Annual Recipient Rights Director's Awards Honorees
Information for Recipient Rights Staff
- Office of Recipient Rights Training Courses
Training Opportunities for Recipient Right Staff
Links to Office of Recipient Rights online trainings
- Basic Skills Training Materials
Materials to be used during Basic Skills Training
- Continuing Education Requirements and Approved Programs
List of approved MDHHS Office of Recipient Rights CEU courses
- Forms and Templates
Documents to be downloaded for use by Rights staff
- The 29th Annual Recipient Rights Conference
2022 Recipient Rights Conference
- Informational Links
Informational Links for Recipient Rights Advisor/Officers