Smokeless Tobacco Products
Smokeless tobacco is tobacco that is not burned.  There are several kinds of smokeless tobacco:
- Chewing tobacco: placed between the cheek and gums
- Snuff: sniffed or dried
- Dip: wet snuff, similar to chewing tobacco
- Snus: a small pouch of wet snuff
- Dissolvable products: lozenges, orbs, sticks, and strips
Chewing tobacco and snuff are known as the traditional forms of smokeless tobacco. Newer kinds include dip, snus and dissolvable products.
Smokeless tobacco products do not require spitting. However, no tobacco product is safe. Smokeless tobacco is not a safe alternative to smoking cigarettes. You are still at risk for oral cavity and oropharyngeal cancer.
18. Be Tobacco Free, http://betobaccofree.hhs.gov/about-tobacco/index.html