- Seasonal Influenza
Seasonal influenza is a contagious respiratory illness caused by influenza viruses. Seasonal influenza outbreaks occur every year. The MDHHS Seasonal Influenza Web Page has information on influenza activity, influenza vaccination, and resources for specific groups including health professionals and clinical laboratories.
- Seasonal Influenza Vaccine Supply Q & A Questions and Answers on Seasonal Influenza Vaccine Supply during the 2009-2010 Influenza Season
- New Media Resources on Infection Control
- Infection Control in Health Care Settings
- Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
- Fifth Guy Campaign
- Stay Healthy This Flu Season! Guidelines and Resources on Infection Control and Hand Hygiene Guidelines and Resources on Infection Control
- Infection Control for Schools
- Infection Control for Kids
- Infection Control for Individuals and Families
- Influenza Activity and Surveillance
- Past Michigan Flu Focus Surveillance Reports
Past Michigan Flu Focus Reports
- Influenza Vaccine Exchange Network
- Influenza Sentinel Providers
The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) participates in the U.S. Sentinel Provider Surveillance Network, a collaborative effort between the Centers for Disease control and Prevention (CDC), state and local health departments, and volunteer sentinel physicians as part of our influenza surveillance.
- Introduction to Michigan Influenza Surveillance
The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) determines influenza activity based on many sources of information including data from the MDHHS laboratory, influenza sentinel physicians, sentinel laboratories, Michigan Disease Surveillance System (MDSS) disease reports, and MDHHS syndromic surveillance.