Cancer Health Systems Change Project
The Cancer Prevention and Control Section’s Health Systems Change Project aims to support equitable, accessible and patient-centered cancer care by implementing evidence-based intervention (EBI) strategies to increase breast, cervical, and colorectal cancer screening. This is accomplished by:
- Working with community agencies and clinics to overcome barriers that prevent individuals from completing cancer screenings.
- Partnering with community agencies that serve priority populations, including low income and underserved individuals.
- Working towards achieving health equity
- Providing high-quality cancer care services through quality improvement
- Providing resources and education that will sustain patient-centered and culturally affirming care