Disability Health Data
Michigan data on adults with disabilities reveal:
- The number of adults with disabilities is projected to increase by nearly one-quarter million from 2,147,000 in 2011 to 2,392,000 in 2030.
- The proportion of the population with disabilities increases with age, is higher for females than males, and declines as education and household income increase.
- Health Disparities Among People with Disabilities: A Snapshot – 2017
- For a review of these and other statistics on the prevalence of disability and key health indicators for perons with disabilities in Michigan, please see our latest report: Health of Persons With Disabilities in Michigan: Annual Data Report 2015
- 2015 health data on persons with disabilities is also available in each table of the 2015 Behavioral Risk Factor Survey (29th Annual Report) Health Risk Behaviors in the State of Michigan
- Strategic Plan 2016-2018
- Hypertension Among Adults (18‐64 years) living with a Disability, Medicaid, Michigan – 2014. Go to page 11.
- Prevalence of Disability in Michigan – 2013