Chemical Terrorism Laboratory Preparedness
The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services Bureau of Laboratories provides healthcare facility laboratory outreach support for local, state and national preparedness response plans related to chemical release health emergencies. Laboratory testing will be an integral part of a response to these events.
There are unique requirements for specimen collection, storage, packaging and shipment of clinical specimens collected during a chemical exposure event.
The Bureau of Laboratories offers free on-site training as guidance for healthcare facility emergency response to human chemical exposure incidents. Please contact the Chemical Threat Response Training Coordinator to obtain more information or to schedule a training session at 517-241-0925.
- CT Training Objectives
- MDHHS on-line CT training available on MI-TRAIN
- Instructions for submission of specimens for a chemical event, DCH-1334
- Shipping Instructions for Samples Collected from Individuals Potentially Exposed to Chemical Terrorism Agents
- CT Specimen Collection Diagram
- Chemical Agent Testing-Chain of Custody, DCH-1264