Who May Apply?
Funds may be granted to any entity for proper use of CMS-approved projects to protect or improve the quality of life and care for nursing facility residents; provided that the responsible receiving entity is:
- Qualified and capable of carrying out the intended project or use;
- Not in any conflict of interest relationship with the entity or entities that will benefit from the intended project or use;
- Not paid by a State or federal source to perform the same function as the Nursing Facility Enrichment Program project or use. Nursing Facility Enrichment Program funds may not be used to enlarge or enhance an existing appropriation or statutory purpose.
Examples of eligible organizations include, but are not limited to:
- Consumer advocacy organizations
- Resident or family councils
- Professional or State nursing facility associations
- Certified Long Term Care (LTC) facilities (Skilled Nursing Facilites (SNF), Nursing Facility (NF), SNF/NF)
- Private contractors