Child Lead Exposure Elimination Commission:
Purpose and Responsibility
This permanent Commission as established through Executive Order 17-2, is to act in an advisory capacity to the Governor and to MDHHS Director to coordinate and collaborate with all levels of government and stakeholders regarding programs and policies related to the elimination of child lead exposure; to provide guidance to the Governor and MDHHS Director regarding the state's coordination of all efforts to eliminate child lead exposure throughout the state; and, work with the previous temporary Child Lead Poisoning Elimination Board and stakeholders to prioritize the recommendations made in their 2016 Report.
10/11/2021 Medicaid Health Plan Focus Studies Update
The CLEEC Grant Program's grant cycle runs from June through the following May. The FY19 grant cycle began in June, 2019. These are the FY19 grantees:
- Institute for Population Health Inc.
- Detroit Health Department
- Healthy Homes Coalition of West Michigan, Inc.
- National Center for Healthy Housing
- Michigan State University
- Macomb County Health Department
- Eastern Michigan University
- Oakland County Department of Health and Human Services/ Health Division
- District Health Department #10
- District Health Department #4
- Arab Community Center for Economic and Social Services
- City of Detroit Heath Department - Head Start Service Integration Project: Lead Prevention
- City of Detroit Health Department - Lead Education and Prevention Service for Pregnant Women
- District Health Department #10 - Primary Lead Exposure Prevention Project for Pregnant Women and Families
- Healthy Homes Coalition of West Michigan, Inc. - Infant Toddler Home Screening
- Institute for Population Health, Inc - Protect Michigan's Children: Actions to Prevent Childhood Lead Poisoning
- Jackson County Health Department - Preventing Lead Exposure in Pregnant Women
- Michigan State University Division of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, Department of Medicine - Worksite intervention to migrate child take-home lead exposure
- National Center for Healthy Housing - Technical Assistance for Code Transformation and Innovation Collaborative
- Oakland County Health Division - Multi-Component Lead Poisoning Testing and Education Initiative for Oakland County
- Our Kitchen Table - Child Lead Exposure Elimination
- Southeastern Michigan Health Association/CLEARCorps Detroit - Lead Safe Blocks: 48206 Primary Prevention Project
CLEEC Final Report Presentation Healthy Housing
CLEEC Final Report Presentation West Michigan
CLEEC Final Report Presentation Jackson County
CLEEC Final Report Presentation Oakland County
CLEEC Final Report Presentation Wayne State University Clear Corps
Commission Meeting Materials
The Commission meets regularly to discuss the 2016 Child Lead Poisoning Elimination Board Final Report and the steps necessary to implement it. For meeting dates please click here.
Resources for Residents
As the Commission is charged with eliminating lead exposure in Michigan communities, there are resources currently available to residents.
The Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program provides information regarding blood lead testing and case management for families with elevated blood lead levels.
The Healthy Homes Program works with families to remediate lead exposures within homes for families with elevated blood lead levels.
The Child Lead Exposure Elimination Commission has created an Action Plan to implement the 2016 Child Lead Poisoning Elimination Board Final Report.