Flint families can get nutritious food at mobile pantry in February
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Feb. 4, 2019
CONTACT: Bob Wheaton: 517-241-2112
LANSING, Mich. – Flint families may get nutritious food that can limit the effects of lead exposure during mobile food pantry hours set for February at locations throughout Flint.
The Food Bank of Eastern Michigan in Flint and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services are announcing the upcoming schedule for mobile food pantry stops to distribute foods rich in calcium, vitamin C and iron. Produce expected to be available to families in February includes apples and potatoes. Milk is also available.
More than $300 million has been provided to help the residents of Flint, including this initiative. Food distribution sites remain open while supplies last. February dates by location are:
- Bethel United Methodist Church, 1309 Ballenger Highway
- Monday, Feb. 4, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, Feb. 11, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, Feb. 18, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, Feb. 25, at 10 a.m.
- Asbury United Methodist Church, 1653 Davidson Road.
- Tuesday, Feb. 5, 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 12, 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 19, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, Feb. 26, at 10 a.m.
- Greater Holy Temple Church of God in Christ, 6702 N. Dort Highway
- Thursday, Feb. 7, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 14, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 21, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 28, at 10 a.m.
- Flint Muslim Food Pantry, 4400 S. Saginaw St.
- Friday, Feb. 15, at 9 a.m.
- Hispanic Tech Center, 2101 Lewis St.
- Wednesday, Feb. 20, at 10 a.m.
- St. Luke NEW Life Center, 3115 Lawndale.
- Friday, Feb. 22, at 10 a.m.
Flint residents can also pick up free nutritional food at the three Flint Help Center locations. They are Bethel United Methodist Church, 1309 N. Ballenger Highway, open from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Mondays; Asbury United Methodist Church, 1653 Davison Road, open Tuesdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. and Greater Holy Temple, 6702 N. Dort Highway, open Thursdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
This schedule is subject to change, and information about additional food distribution dates will be announced as they are scheduled. For more information or to find out about any changes in the schedule, visit the Food Bank website at www.FBEM.org and find the updated schedule on the Mobile Pantry Distribution page, or call 810-239-4441.
# # #