Flint families can get nutritious food at mobile pantry in May
LANSING, Mich. – Flint families may get nutritious food that can limit the effects of lead exposure during mobile food pantry hours set for May at locations throughout Flint.
All mobile food pantry sites distribute foods rich in calcium, vitamin C and iron. Food available in May will include potatoes, watermelon, apples, oranges and grapefruit. More than $300 million has been provided to help the residents of Flint, including this initiative. Food distribution sites remain open while supplies last. May dates by location are:
- Greater Holy Temple Church of God in Christ, 6702 N. Dort Hwy.
- Thursday, May 2, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, May 9, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, May 16, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, May 23, at 10 a.m.
- Thursday, May 30, at 10 a.m.
- Calvary United Methodist Church, 2111 Flushing Road.
- Saturday, May 4, at 10 a.m.
- Refuge Temple, 6031 Dupont St.
- Saturday, May 4, at 11 a.m.
- Bethel United Methodist Church, 1309 Ballenger Hwy.
- Monday, May 6, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, May 13, at 10 a.m.
- Monday, May 20, at 10 a.m.
- Asbury United Methodist Church, 1653 Davison Road
- Tuesday, May 7, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, May 14, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, May 21, at 10 a.m.
- Tuesday, May 28, at 10 a.m.
- Salem Lutheran Church, 2610 Martin Luther King Ave.
- Wednesday, May 8, at noon
- American Muslim Community Services, 4800 S. Saginaw St.
- Saturday, May 11, at 9 a.m.
- Flint First Wesleyan Church, 3825 Davison Road.
- Saturday, May 11, at 10 a.m.
- Hispanic Tech Center, 2101 Lewis St.
- Wednesday, May 15, at 10 a.m.
- St. Luke N.E.W. Life Center, 3115 Lawndale Ave.
- Friday, May 17, at 10 a.m.
- Second Chance Church, 5306 North St.
- Saturday, May 18, at 9 a.m.
- Urban Renaissance Center, 2505 N. Chevrolet Ave.
- Tuesday, May 28, at noon.
Flint residents can also pick up free nutritional food at the three Flint Help Center locations. They are Bethel United Methodist Church, 1309 N. Ballenger Highway, open from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Mondays; Asbury United Methodist Church, 1653 Davison Road, open Tuesdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. and Greater Holy Temple, 6702 N. Dort Highway, open Thursdays from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
The three help center locations now have more proteins to distribute to Flint residents in addition to the produce that’s available at all locations. Along with the produce available at all locations, the three help center sites now have ground turkey and ground burger.
This schedule is subject to change, and information about additional food distribution dates will be announced as they are scheduled. For more information or to find out about any changes in the schedule, visit the Food Bank website at www.FBEM.org and find the updated schedule on the Mobile Pantry Distribution page, or call 810-239-4441.
# # #